Snow Cone Concentrate at Ralph's SnoBall Supply is made with the finest ingredients available. The Shaved Ice Flavor Concentrate ingredients are blended to produce the traditional New Orleans style sno ball flavor - the best Sno Ball Concentrate available without a doubt. It has a 2 year shelf life and does not require refrigeration. Opening the bottle of concentrate does not shorten the shelf life. Using more concentrate than the reccomended amount will not make the snow cone syrup taste better. In fact, it could have the opposite affect. Shake the concentrate well before using and use 4 ounces per gallon of simple syrup. 32 Gallons of snow cone syrup can be made from 1 gallon of Concentrate. Store away from direct bright light in order to preserve the color and maximize shelf life.
1. Shake the concentrate well before using.
2. Measure and pour the concentrate into the mixing container.
3. Use 1 oz. of concentrate to make 1 quart or 4 oz. to make 1 gallon.
4. Fill the container with simple syrup.
5. Cap the container and shake well.
Q - What is simple syrup?
A - It is a mixture of sugar and water. The preservative is optional.
|Water||Sugar||Citric Acid||Sodium Benzoate||Makes|
|2 Quarts||5 Pounds||¼ Ounce||1 Ounce||1 Gallon|
|3 Gallons||25 Pounds||1¼ Ounce||5 Ounces||5 Gallons|
|6 Gallons||50 Pounds||2½ Ounces||10 Ounces||10 Gallons|
The syrup has a 7 day shelf life. Preservatives extend the shelf life to 6 months.
1. Use hot tap water and stir until the sugar is dissolved
2. Stir citric acid into the dissolved sugar water solution
2. Stir sodium benzoate into the dissolved sugar water solution
Important! Stir in preservatives separately to avoid crystallization.