Simple Syrup made with cane sugar produces the best tasting snow cone cone syrup. It is the base for snow cone and shaved ice syrup. You can either purchase it or you can make your own snow cone simple syrup. If you purchase it, simply Add 1 ounce of snow cone flavor concentrate to 1 quart of simple syrup to make a quart of snow cone syrup. Add 4 ounces of snow cone flavor concentrate to 1 gallon of simple syrup to make a gallon of Snow Cone Syrup. There you have it. Snow cone syrup is simply a combination of water, sugar and snow cone concentrate flavoring. The preservatives citric acid and sodium benzoate are optional. Without preservatives the snow cone syrup has a shelf life of 1 to 2 weeks. With preservatives the snow cone syrup has a shelf life of 6 months.
How To Add Snow Cone Concentrate Flavoring
1. Shake the concentrate well before using.
2. Use 1 ounce of concentrate to flavor 1 quart or 4 ounces to flavor 1 gallon.
3. Measure and pour the concentrate into the mixing container.
4. Fill the container with simple syrup.
5. Cap the container and shake well.